Here's some quotes related to the topic ...
- “I feel HTTPS will soon be seen as a requirement for anyone doing business online,” said Paul Moreno, security engineering lead on Pinterest’s cloud team. . See more here from March 2015
- "We, the Chrome Security Team, propose that user agents (UAs) gradually change their UX to display non-secure origins as affirmatively non-secure." See more here from December 2014
- Why HTTPS? It’s simple. There is simply no reason not to anymore", Chris Wiegman web engineer for 10up.See more from December 2014
- "Our goal is to remove the barriers to deploying HTTPS and see an encrypted web completely replace unencrypted HTTP.", J. ALEX HALDERMAN of letsencrypt.com. See more from November 2014
- "We’d like to encourage all website owners to switch from HTTP to HTTPS to keep everyone safe on the web," said WebMaster Trend analytics at Google, Zineb Ait Bahajji . See more here from August 2014.
- "If you have a website, it’s a great time to convert it to all HTTPS – and now for multiple reasons," Gleb Budman CEO of BackBlaze.com. See more here from August 2014
- "HTTPS Everywhere," said web performance engineer at Google, Ilya Grigorik. See more here from June 2014.
- "We’ll be changing, moving everything to HTTPS somewhere in the coming weeks. My suggestion is you do that too", Joost de Valk from yoast.com. See more here from January 2014
Time to switch to HTTPS and Kill HTTP
Copyright © 2015, this post cannot be reproduced or retransmitted in any form without reference to the original post.