Thursday, October 29, 2015

IRS Phone Scam

I received a voicemail that was interesting enough I thought I'd share regarding an IRS Scam. I didn't answer since I personally recommend, don't ever answer phone calls from non-local numbers, especially ones you weren't expecting and don't know. Let it go to voicemail, screen it, and then determine if it's worth calling back. It was a threatening message from the IRS saying that I'd been caught for Tax Evasion and I would get arrested if I didn't call back. The IRS has posted consumer alerts about scams like this and have several ways to report them. I have seen these before and can tell it's fake just by the accent and his demands to call now or get arrested. But some can be convincing, especially if you haven't received one before or aren't in tune with these type of scams. Enjoy and stay safe. Listen to the full audio of the voicemail. I posted the full transcript on pastebin.

*****
Source: +1 (202) 470-0933
Caller Id Location: DC, USA
Date: 10/27/2015
*****
FULL TRANSCRIPT
*****
We have received a legal position notice against you concerning a tax evasion. So before we file a case against you in the court house and before you get arrested kindly call us back on our callback number. The number to reach me that is 202-470-0933. I'll repeat its 2024700933. Don't disregard this message. Give it a call. Again this is officer Daniel Cruz from the Internal Revenue Service. Thank you and have a blessed day.


Copyright © 2015, this post cannot be reproduced or retransmitted in any form without reference to the original post.

1 comment:

  1. Got this call on 10-28-15. Have ignored it!!! I feel bad for elders who may fall for this.

    ReplyDelete